Head Coach Aquatics
Provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation in developing Aquatics program patrons towards the achievement of Lifesaving Society, Aqua Fun Academy and other association standards as required by the level being taught. Contributes to a positive and safe environment for all patrons and peers
Head Coach – Aquatics
|Job Location||Canada-Ontario-York Region|
|Job Type||Temporary, Part-Time|
|Contract Duration||3 Months|
|Number of Positions Open||No current openings|
|Start Date of Employment|
- Supervises the age-group coaching staff and leads a recreational aquatics program that fosters both personal and athletic growth among participants.
- Utilizes developmentally appropriate teaching techniques to instruct diverse participant groups.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of swim meets, swimmer eligibility, stroke and turn and other related aspects of competitive swimming.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations rules, regulations and concept of Water Sports, offensive and defensive strategies and other related aspects of Water Sports
- Coaches athletes in swimming form and technique as well as water sports strategies and techniques.
- Plan and execute structured workouts and coordinate competitive events.
- Observes athletes to detect and correct mistakes; provides feedback on performance.
- Adapt your teaching approaches to the age, experience, and ability of participants.
- Promote team spirit and good sportsmanship at all times.
- Effectively communicate verbally to supervisor, staff and participants. Keep participants and parents informed about their progress. Inform coordinator and/or supervisor of any safety issues or concerns.
- Ensures the safety of all program participants by enforcement of pool policies and rules; submit Accident/Incident Reports to the Supervisor within 24-hours of the incident.
- Perform rescues, administer first aid, perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and summon supervisors and emergency personnel as required for injuries or other medical emergencies.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Minimum age of 19 years old
- Current Aquatics Instructor Certifications: Life Saving Society Instructor, LSS Swim Instructor, Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, NLS, Standard First Aid, and preferably AED and Airway Management.
- Certified at a minimum of NCCP Fundamentals Coach or designated congruency and a member of SNC/Swim Ontario & CSCTA.
- Aquatic Supervisor Training an asset.
All staff qualifications must be current from the beginning to the last day of each session. Qualifications that are due to expire during a session must be re-certified prior to the start of the season and staff will be required to provide proof of registration for the re-certification.
If you have not yet taken a course, but are registered to do so, please list on your resume along with the registration dates. Please also include your LSS ID number on your resume.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected will be contacted for an interview.