Assistant Instructor Aquatics
Assists aquatic staff in the delivery of aquatic programs and ensures a safe aquatic environment.
Assistant Instructor – Aquatics
|Job Type||Temporary, Part-Time|
|Contract Duration||3 Months|
|Salary/Rate||$14.00 – $16.00 / Hour|
|Number of Positions Open||No current openings|
|Start Date of Employment|
- Assists aquatic staff in the delivery of aquatic programs.
- Ensures a safe aquatic environment for pool through supervision, accident prevention, and public education.
- Ensures compliance with Ontario Health Regulations and all relevant legislation and Policy and Procedures manuals.
- Takes appropriate action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies as outlined in AFA policies and procedures.
- Assists with minor First Aid as required.
- Assists with the completion of paperwork.
- Informs patrons of policies related to entry onto deck area.
- Assists with special events.
- Conducts routine change room checks.
- Minimum age of 16 years old
- Must have current Bronze Cross, or Red Cross Assistant Water Safety Instructor certification.
- Must have current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification.
- Must maintain fitness level and certification in accordance to Lifesaving Society standard.
All staff qualifications must be current from the beginning to the last day of each session. Qualifications that are due to expire during a session must be re-certified prior to the start of the season and staff will be required to provide proof of registration for the re-certification.
If you have not yet taken a course, but are registered to do so, please list on your resume along with the registration dates. Please also include your LSS ID number on your resume.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected will be contacted for an interview.